When you make influencers campaigns on Instagram, one of the objectives is to be as visible as possible, not only for our brand’s audience, but also for their communities.
Today, we will talk about how to efficiently target the followers of the influencers we work with using Instagram Ads customer audience.
Why to do influencers campaigns on Instagram?
Instagram is a platform who gives better organic results than Facebook and where the campaigns can be more creative, giving its specifics.
Choosing the right influencers for your campaign, you can reach audiences that later on will became part of your brand’s fan base and also customers. Besides, influencers are creative and they can offer new perspectives about the promotion of your products.
Even though the implication of influencers in your campaigns can bring many good things, there is also a down side. Instagram does not really encourage the paid partnerships, in order to avoid annoying and overwhelming the users, therefore you will see this type of posts having about 50-70% lower reach than regular posts of the influencers.
A great strategy to get better results and maximize the collaboration with influencers is to have an Ads campaign targeting the loyal fan of the influencer, meaning those interaction the most with the account’s content.
This is how to use Instagram Ads to target the custom audience offered by the influencer you work with, for better results:
- Both you and the influencer must use Facebook Ads Manager
- Set up the desired custom audience specifications. The influencer will offer then the desired audience, taking the info from Facebook Ads Manager!
- Type of audiences you can ask the influencer for:
- Who has sent at least one message in the last 30-365 days
- Who saved a post of the influencer
- Who visited the influencer’s profile at least once in the last 30-365 days
- Who interacted with at least one post in the last 30-365 days
- You can combine two or more audiences to reach a larger public and increase the results
- Ask for access to the influencer’s custom audience
- Ask the influencer for the creatives used in the campaign for better communication unity (photo, video, text)
- Set up the Instagram Ads Campaign with a Reach objective if your audience has under 100l members, and is it is higher, then you can try objectives such as: traffic, conversions, lead generation, app install.
- If you want to extend your audience, you can use Lookalike Audiences – 1% similar audiences of the custom one that interacted with the influencer’s Instagram profile.
As a conclusion, targeting the influencer’s fans of a campaign through using custom audiences in an Instagram Ads campaign will maximize the partnership results and increase the brand’s community. Besides, you will get a better control of the campaign’s performance.
What do you think of this strategy? If you need us for such a campaign, you know how to reach us!