WELL… size matters & the look too
Before believing Champaigns team is superficial, take a little time and read our article below. It is filled with news about one of our dear platforms: Facebook. And yes, these are the conclusions: size is very important and the look as well, from the use of usability point of view.
FACEBOOK’S NEW LOOK AND IT’S FUNCTIONALITIES
I don’t know about you, but for the folks at Facebook, change has always been constant. From platform’s design to new functionalities, Facebook made sure we will not get bored nor migrate to other social networks. Therefore, this summer, a new deisgn was launched, giving trouble to users still adapting.
The new design is more minimal – according to some artists and it seems that it was well received by some users. The feed stays in the center of the screen, but all the other sections respect the “aesthetic” rules. Besides, considering the helath of our eyesight – because the users’ comfort is one of the Facebook’s criterion, isn’t it? – Dark Mode has been introduced. Have you tried it already?
The changes of Facebook’s design doesn’t cover only an aesthetic purpose, but a practical one as well. The speed of page loading and search results is higher. And as we are already accustomed, Facebook allowed an adaption period, therefore at the launch of the new design, the users had the possibility to switch back to the old one, option that at the moment is no longer available for some accounts.
2020 FACEBOOK&INSTAGARM UPLOAD AND ADS PHOTO SIZES
And now that is is clear why the look is important, it’s time to find out about sizes. As you know, Facebook allows content upload of different sizes. From video to photo, each post type has a certain sizes that graphic designers need to consider for a good quality of uploaded content.
These are the Facebook photo&video recommended sizes in 2020:
- Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
- Facebook cover photo size: 820 x 462
- Facebook link image size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook image post size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook event image size: 1920 x 1080
- Facebook video size: 1280 x 720
- Maximum Facebook video length: 240 minutes
- Facebook ad size: 1200 x 628
- Facebook video ad size: 1280 x 720
- Facebook Story ad size: 1080 x 1920
- Facebook group cover image size: 1640 x 922
- Facebook messenger image ad size: 1200 x 628
Un extra sfat, ținând cont de attention span-ul din ce în ce mai mic al userilor, Facebook recomandă ca video-urile să nu depășească 15 secunde, pentru a obține efectul dorit.
Mai jos ai dimensiunile foto & video pentru materialele urcate pe Instagram 2020:
- Instagram profile picture size: 110 x 110
- Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- Instagram Stories size: 1080 x 1920
- Minimum Instagram video sizes: 600 x 600 (square), 600 x 315 (landscape), 600 x 750 (portrait), 600 x 700 (Carousel video dimensions)
- Maximum Instagram video length: 60 seconds
- Minimum Instagram image ad size: 500 pixels wide
- Instagram photo thumbnails: 161 x 161
- Instagram ads size: 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1080 pixels (square)
- Instagram IGTV video size: 1080 x 1920
There is a piece of advice for content creators and brands: uploaded photos should be square or landscape, mobile optimized.
This being said, we wish you good luck with creating, posting and promoting and if you need specialized help, reach out to us on Facebook, mail and by phone! Cheers!